The Eight Themes
- E-cigarettes – The potential to transform the tobacco industry
- Cancer Immunotherapy – The future of cancer treatment?
- LED Lighting – A large, early-stage and multi-decade opportunity
- Alternative Capital – Rise of a new asset class means growing risk for reinsurers
- Natural Gas Engines – Attractive economics drive strong, long-term penetration
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) – Re-inventing networking for the cloud era
- 3D Printing – Disruption materializing
- Big Data – Solutions trying to keep up with explosive data growth and complexity
These eight themes – through product or business innovation – Goldman claims are poised
to transform addressable markets or open up entirely new ones, offering growth insulated from the broader macro environment and creating value for their stakeholders.